News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10386
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Reggie Essent

My Long Weekend Events Wrapped Up in One Post...

Started by Chuck Bronson, August 06, 2018, 04:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Chuck Bronson

Friday night decided to grease the truck & pony.  There's like 60 fucking grease fittings on this combo...  Under, over and on the side.  I crawl around all over this thing like a fucking monkey...  Grease gun in hand.

Thought I was still 18 again, and jumped outta the box, which is about five feet off the ground.  Knackered my fucking back.  Pinched nerve shit.  I have experienced this before in the past, and it will eventually go away, but talk about fucking painful.  It's similar to the pain if you roll your ankle.  It fucking hurts!

Gives me an excuse (and a valid one at that) to stay home and take care of shit here...  My fucking sheets were brown from dust and dirt from my job, so had to do a full bed-sheet wash also.

People with a clean job have it easy...  I would hate to have to throw on a suit and tie, and I'm sure they do also, but they don't have to worry about being a dirty White boy...

Chuck Bronson

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Friday night decided to grease the truck & pony.  There's like 60 fucking grease fittings on this combo...  Under, over and on the side.  I crawl around all over this thing like a fucking monkey...  Grease gun in hand.

Thought I was still 18 again, and jumped outta the box, which is about five feet off the ground.  Knackered my fucking back.  Pinched nerve shit.  I have experienced this before in the past, and it will eventually go away, but talk about fucking painful.  It's similar to the pain if you roll your ankle.  It fucking hurts!

Gives me an excuse (and a valid one at that) to stay home and take care of shit here...  My fucking sheets were brown from dust and dirt from my job, so had to do a full bed-sheet wash also.

People with a clean job have it easy...  I would hate to have to throw on a suit and tie, and I'm sure they do also, but they don't have to worry about being a dirty White boy...

A truck & pony?

:confused1:

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"A truck & pony?

A tandem or tri-axle gravel trailer that is self dumping is called a pony.  This is my pony, a Nahanni:

http://i66.tinypic.com/2j43g21.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"A truck & pony?

A tandem or tri-axle gravel trailer that is self dumping is called a pony.  This is my pony, a Nahanni:

http://i66.tinypic.com/2j43g21.jpg">

ac_lovestruck

Chuck Bronson

Believe it or not, if you were to walk in and buy that exact pony trailer today, you'd be looking at spending around $40,000 CDN minimum...

This pic is of my actual pony, but it is virtually identical to the one in the above pic....

http://i68.tinypic.com/2wrofpf.png">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Believe it or not, if you were to walk in and buy that exact pony trailer today, you'd be looking at spending around $40,000 CDN minimum...

I know, that kinda gear is hella pricey.

I've seen that sort of LCV/ long combo vehicle out west on turnpikes but we don't see them much around here where most roads are only two lane.  My state allows "tandem" or "double bottom" rigs on turnpikes but the only style we see is cargo trailers, 53 feet plus 38 or 40 feet...sometimes the first trailer is 40 also, sometimes the second one is a "pup" at 28 feet.  Back east they have other rig configurations that are different but no bigger than ours.

We have a big limestone quarry near here (half an hour) but the gravel haulers mostly just use 8 or 10 ton dump trucks, ten wheelers, without trailers.  Some haulers will use a dump semi-trailer for bigger jobs.

I have a CDL but not the articulated trucks endorsement.  Used to have the E license for semi trailers quite a few years ago when I operated one in my business, but when they standardized the CDL among states I had changed businesses and didn't need it.  I only keep the CDL nowadays for the motor coach and bus endorsements.

Berry Sweet

Mels weekend wrapped up in one photo.  It was greeeeaaaasy!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FaSdj4emPLo/TfzeECoo7LI/AAAAAAAAADI/UqKSbOt9d-Q/s280/MidgetPony.jpg">

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Peaches"I know, that kinda gear is hella pricey.

I've seen that sort of LCV/ long combo vehicle out west on turnpikes but we don't see them much around here where most roads are only two lane.  My state allows "tandem" or "double bottom" rigs on turnpikes but the only style we see is cargo trailers, 53 feet plus 38 or 40 feet...sometimes the first trailer is 40 also, sometimes the second one is a "pup" at 28 feet.  Back east they have other rig configurations that are different but no bigger than ours.

We have a big limestone quarry near here (half an hour) but the gravel haulers mostly just use 8 or 10 ton dump trucks, ten wheelers, without trailers.  Some haulers will use a dump semi-trailer for bigger jobs.

I have a CDL but not the articulated trucks endorsement.  Used to have the E license for semi trailers quite a few years ago when I operated one in my business, but when they standardized the CDL among states I had changed businesses and didn't need it.  I only keep the CDL nowadays for the motor coach and bus endorsements.

It's similar here also, just like in the US.  In the US, there's a Federal limit of 80,000lbs on five axles, which means that you can operate that vehicle in every State.  Canada has a similar thing, but our weight limits and axle counts are higher though.  Similarly, each Province (just like States) can essentially allow whatever weight/axle/trailer combo they want to.

This is why you'll see such a variation.  For example, BC does not allow drop axles.  Other Provinces do.  Same with the States...  Some allow drop axles, some do not.

And even the cross border shit you have to be careful.  Canada allows 37,500lbs on a tandem.  The US allows 34,000lbs.  So, when I did cross-border hauls, even those weight differences had to be taken into account.

Would be nice to have some standardization, but that will never happen for various reasons.